merger and acquisition services
Pivotal Strategies’ professionals have planned, structured, negotiated, financed and closed acquisitions and divestitures ranging in transaction size from under $1 million to over $1.5 billion. Collectively, we have completed over 100 M&A transactions with total combined values exceeding $3.5 billion and ranging in complexity from very simple to extremely complex. We have completed both strategic and financial transactions, including sales in distressed situations and under §363 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Through our extensive experience, we have developed an understanding of objectives and concerns on both sides of the negotiating table, as well as an ability to resolve differences while moving transactions to closing.
In addition, through our carefully maintained relations within the investment banking community and with other intermediaries, lending institutions, venture capital firms and private equity groups, we often become aware of potential buyers or sellers that may be an appropriate fit for a client’s transaction.
We can provide assistance in any, or all, aspects of our clients’ transactions, including:
· Strategy: define objectives; develop candidate profiles; evaluate potential use of intermediaries; establish preliminary valuations; develop financing strategies; determine optimal tax structure
· Sourcing: perform searches, identify and introduce potential buyers or sellers; alternatively, identify and introduce appropriate intermediaries; screen, qualify and prioritize candidates; analyze and evaluate proposals
· Financing: identify and approach suitable financing sources; manage the negotiation and procurement of necessary financing
· Transaction management: coordinate efforts of legal, tax, audit and other professionals; manage and/or perform due diligence; coordinate documentation efforts; negotiate terms and conditions, including representations and warranties; gauge and manage "deal momentum" through closing
· Integration: manage operational and financial integration of acquired businesses; perform post acquisition assessment and reengineering of business processes and systems; review compliance with representations and warranties
Throughout the process, we advise our clients on the ramifications of representations, warranties and other contractual provisions. We also provide an objective sounding board and act as a catalyst for compromise in resolving differences between buyers and sellers.